Monday, January 30, 2006

Sweaters Progressing















Both of my sweaters are progressing slowly. Granted they would be progressing faster if I was only working on one sweater. I used to have the rule that I would only work on one knitting project and one crocheting project at a time. Then it became one sweater, one pair of socks, one pair of gloves, and one shawl at a time. Now it has turned into one colorwork sweater and one aran sweater at a time. I might as well give up and limit my projects to the number of needles I have.

Anyhow, my Leaves In Relief sweater is up to the beginning of the branches and the waist shaping is starting to increase. This sweater is a lot of fun and I have been surprised about how easy and quick it is.

As for my Donegal sweater, I am still working on the first chart. I have been learning a lot with weaving in floats and ends. The sweater is also 336 stitches around, I believe, so it does take awhile to knit. I am having so much fun that I am already pondering what Fair Isle I would like to do next. I think that is premature as I will probably will not make it there until next winter.

No comments: