Friday, January 27, 2006

Donegal Ribbing

I have finished the ribbing on my Donegal sweater and I am learning so much. I am using the two-handed method which I have never used before. I feel so cool alternating picking and throwing. I have also learned to weave in my floats and ends. I'm still a little nervous about my color choices but I will give it a go and hope for the best. I am having a lot of fun with this sweater so far.

I have knit other Fair Isle patterns but I just picked up and dropped the yarn. Also the only all-over Fair Isle I knit was, oddly enough, not knit in the round. When you learn better, you do better.

I have also been reading some library books. I have finished At Knits End. I laughed so much. There were many situations which hit close to home. For example, the part about not renting subtitled movies so that you can look at your knitting. I have been guilty of that since the birth of the VCR. Stephanie says that it is good to know that you are not alone in your knitting mania and I would have to agree. I also checked out Fabulous Fair Isle. I guess it is a good reference for basic Fair Isle patterns. I love looking at the museum photos and pieces.

My husband and I have an argument every evening about who should sit on our couch. We have a couch and love seat in our living room. I want to sit on the bottom end of the couch because it is the only seat with good lighting. I would put another light elsewhere in the room but our children would pull it over on themselves. My husband wants to lay on the couch and refuses to just put his feet on my lap so that I can sit under the light and knit. In the middle of this daily argument, my husband actually said that I should take a night off from knitting once in awhile. He might as well suggested that I close my eyes all day. Can you believe that?

No comments: