Saturday, January 07, 2006

Stash decluttering and Scarf

Since a new year has started it seemed like a good time to take stock of my stash (never mind that I still don't have all of the boxes unpacked from when we moved in October). This is our walk-in closet with some of my stash filling it up. I then took all of the yarn out and organized it by weight and fiber type. Now I know where all my sock yarn is, all my cotton yarn is, etc. What a nice feeling. I also sorted out a box of yarn to donate to my LYS. A lady there brings the yarn to a local shelter and teaches women to knit with it. So now I am blessed by getting everything reorganized and hopefully someone else will be blessed by learning to knit. (If any of you are familiar with the Flylady, I am applying some of her concepts to knitting.)



By the way, I have also finished my Harlot scarf. I think that it would be less tedious if I had used a yarn with some variegation. None-the-less it is quite soft and warm. Believe-it-or-not I didn't have a scarf before today.

No comments: