Friday, June 29, 2007

Shetland Lace Stole in all of her glory

I finally got around to posting the pictures of my Shetland Lace Stole. My daughter is 5 now and as we speak is pestering me to play Webkinz on the computer. I guess my computer time will be infringed upon until I get her off to college. Sigh.










Shetland Lace Stole
Pattern: Self-designed, but inspired by Sharon Miller's Unst Stole and Hazel Carter's sampler stole.
Size: 35 inches by 90 inches.
Needles: Aero size 2.75mm circular.
Yarn: Lacey Lamb in natural, approximately 1800 yards.
Time to complete: over a year working sporadically.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolut the most beautiful stole I have seen.

miyamojo said...

Lorri-
Hi again!
Your stole is beautiful!
I love the photos of you wearing it!
I feel that knits come alive when worn and show all their glory.
Thanks for the info about the black dots on the Heirloom Knitting group. When the question was posted I doubted I was reading the chart correctly - yikes! m:)

Lacefreak said...

Your stole is absolutely stunning! How lovely to have one you designed yourself. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

It is a true work of art. You should be so proud of yourself.

vanessa said...

absolutely stunning!

N. Maria said...

It's the most beautiful stole I've ever seen! I now know how that yarn looks knit up. Very, very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous stole! I love the look of the different patterns you've used throughout it.

fleegle said...

Fabulous stole! And I like the Latvian mitten bit, too!

I didn't measure the Icelandic shawl, but it's small. Fine for me--I am small too!

Marji said...

so gorgeous.