Monday, January 23, 2006

Leaves In Relief Roots


I have finished the roots on my Leaves In Relief sweater. This sweater uses a crochet cast-on to make a hemmed edge. I'm not sure if I would have selected this but I figured that I would give it a try and see how I like it. On a positive note, I actually made the crochet cast-on correctly. The last time I tried it I picked up the stitches through the front of the chain stitch instead of the bump in the back. This results in you having to painstakingly pick the chain out bit by bit which really defeats the entire purpose of the crochet cast-on.

Anyhow, here are the roots. The trees are starting to take shape. There are a couple of amazing things about this sweater. One is that you don't use a cable needle for any of the sweater. The other amazing thing is that you do the sleeves first so I don't have all that much more to knit. After the Peacock Feathers Shawl this seems to be zipping right along.

No comments: