Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ghost of Christmas Past


This is a picture of me last Christmas. Yes, I have lost a lot of weight since last year but that is because I am 8 months pregnant in this picture. Yes, I am also holding a squeegee and a toilet brush. These are both gifts from my loving husband.

Now I love Christmas and it has nothing to do with the getting. I love picking out the perfect presents for people, making things for people I love, singing Christmas carols, drinking egg nog, baking cookies, decorating the tree, everything. None-the-less last years Christmas presents were . . . well . . . what can I say. I got a toilet brush.

This year I decided to things into my own hands. I have ordered myself some lovely new yarn and have told my husband that he needs to wrap it for me. Now everyone is happy because he doesn't need to figure out what to buy me either and I get, well, yarn. So stay tuned for the pictures of the new yarn after Christmas . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally I'm not a real fan of buying your own Christmas presents, but in this case I think we'll make an exception! Is there a story behind this or is he really that "gift challenged"? : ) At least you're having him wrap it - now act surprised! Dorothy (Missouri Star)

Lorri said...

I believe that my husband thought it was amusing which it might have been if there was a supplimental present. I buy all of his presents for the kids, his family, etc. He can pick out presents but only when properly inspired which seldom coincides with an actual holiday.

Lisa said...

Oh my god! I can not believe he did that. Oh well, I am SURE he meant well.