Saturday, October 01, 2005

What's for Dinner?


Here is my first attempt at Kool Aid dying with the wool yarn from my recycled sweater. I used Berry Blue and Pink Lemonaide.

My first batch was the Berry Blue which I did in the microwave. I had the skeins of yarn wrapped too tightly which resulted in white lines throughout the yarn. I actually like the final look of the yarn although it is not what I had intended.

My second batch of yarn was the Pink Lemonaide which you can see cooking on the stove. My husband seriously questionedmy sanity when he saw me cooking wool in the kitchen at 9 at night. The color came out more uniform although the pink had a bit too much orange in it for my taste.

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

those turned out wonderful! what did the pink lemonaid one turn out like? pretty fun huh?

Danielle Owen said...

Hi great reaading your blog