Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Peacock in Progress - Chart 5


I finished chart 5 of my Peacock Feathers Shawl last weekend. Unfortunately I finished it in time for my daughter to accidentally poke me in the eye. I have been having daily visits to the doctors but I think that my vision is finally beginning to return. I haven't been able to work on my shawl because it requires better vision than I have at the moment. Instead I have been working on an item that requires only stockinette stitch. For awhile I was knitting it with my eyes closed because it hurt too much to open them. I am anxiously awaiting the return of my vision.

As for chart 5 of the shawl, it does seem to be going faster and I am having an easier time remembering the pattern. Of course, chart 5 and 6 are very short. The good news is that the last two charts seem to require few marker shifts.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Holy moly - she must have clocked you good.

Hope your eye returns to normal shortly.