Thursday, July 28, 2005

Chutes and Ladders Socks Finished!


I finished my Chutes and Ladders socks for the six-sock knitalong with three days to spare. I joined the group a month late so that is my excuse for almost missing the deadline. If members post their completed pictures by the end of the month they are entered into a drawing to receive, yes, more sock yarn. What could be better!

I really enjoyed this pattern. I used Sock It To Me! Esprit yarn from Elann. It is a cotton and elastic yarn which is alittle tricky to work with because it stretches quite a bit while your working with it. For those people familiar with the pattern, I used size 2 double pointed needles and cast on 60 stitches.

The hint for the next pattern is that it would look best in a solid color. I am trying to decide between using more Sock It To Me! Esprit yarn or KnitPicks Essential yarn that I have ordered. It is a new solid sock yarn from Knitpicks.

No comments: