Sunday, July 10, 2005

Chutes and Ladders Problem




























I have been working on my Chutes and Ladders socks for the six sock knitalong. I noticed that in carrying the pattern down the instep that that pattern was not centered correctly. If you notice the "chute" is immediately next to a knit row causing the cable to be kind of blurry. What I should have done is frog the sock back to the heel but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I dropped the knit row, took out my crochet hook, and worked that row back up as a purl row. I think that it came out okay although the pattern is off by a row. I'll just say that I'm letting go of my perfectionism and let this sock be living memorial of that.

As for the gloves, I have finished the first one. I am now procrastinating on weaving in the ends, writing out the pattern, and finishing the second glove. That's a lot of work to do.

No comments: