Saturday, November 12, 2005

FO - Winecozy


I have just finished my winecozy, a hostess gift for Thanksgiving. Although the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, the gauge is 4 stitches per inch. The yarn I used knitted up at 5 stitches per inch though so I made some alterations to the pattern. I also knitted it in the round because there was no way I was sewing it up afterward.

Winecozy alterations:

Gauge: 5 stitches per inch

Cast on 54 stitches. Knit pattern as written on 4 double pointed needles.

Form ridge: Turn work inside out and purl on wrong side picking up purl bumps of the row 6 rows down as written. Turn and continue to knit in the round.

Base:
Row 1: [Ssk, k2, k2tog] to end. 36 sts rem.
Row 2-3: K across.
Row 4: [Ssk, k2tog] to end. 18 sts rem.
Row 5: K across.
Row 6: [Ssk, k1] 12 sts rem. 12 sts rem.
Row 7: K across.
Row 8: [K2tog] to end. 6 sts rem.

You might also be wondering about my Peacock Feather Shawl. Last week I got up to row 193. I realized that I had made a mistake on row 191 that I could not correct. I tried to tink back to correct it and dropped some stitches resulting in a big hole. To make matters worse, I had not put a lifeline in at row 190 because things had been going so smoothly so I ended up frogging back to row 180. I figure I frogged about 4000 stitches. I didn't have enough chocolate in the house for that experience.

No comments: