Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Another Winecozy


I have finished another wine cozy. I figured that these would make good hostess gifts for the holiday. The first one I had made for a friend who invited me for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Unfortunately with the snow coming through we are not going to be able to make it since she lives two hours away. I guess I will save the cozy for her when I see her again, however. Meanwhile I am in the business of preparing an unexpected Thanksgiving dinner.

I made the winecozy using a Fair Isle pattern from Knitting Over the Edge. I expanded the waves pattern from a 7 stitch repeat to a 9 stitch repeat to fit the circumference. I am planning to start a fair isle sweater after Christmas. My mother is buying me yarn to make the Donegal pattern from The Celtic Collection for Christmas. I have been wanting to knit this sweater for ages and I have finally gotten up the courage to do so. I'm hoping to have my Peacock Feathers Shawl knit by then. Hopefully.

No comments: