Monday, August 15, 2005

Peacock In Progress - Chart 1


I have finished the first chart of my Peacock Feathers Shawl. I told myself that I would only work on it when I really had time to concentrate on it but I have been somewhat obsessed.

These are the small feathers at the top of the shawl. I am still waiting for my circular needles to arrive so I am using single pointed needles.

Things that have helped me so far:

1. Stitch markers are your friend . . .

2. I have been threading dental floss lifelines through my stitches every 10 rows. I have used them. Unfortunately I have done a bit of frogging and tinking.

3. I have been using a row counter.

4. I have also placed a post-it not under the charted row I am working on. This has also helped me keep track of where I am.

5. I found that frogging can be minimized by counting my stitches at the end of every odd numbered row.

Now I'm off to start chart 2.

2 comments:

PurlPrincess said...

That's gorgeous so far! I can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! I am midway through chart 3 if you want to check it out - thanks for your comment btw. Whenever I start a triangle shawl I am always wanting to rip it out until I get like 6" done - my partner is always saying no don't rip it out give it time. He's always right of course:) I make a copy of my charts and then I color in the rows I've finished to keep track of where I am. Happy Knitting!