Monday, August 15, 2005
Peacock In Progress - Chart 1
I have finished the first chart of my Peacock Feathers Shawl. I told myself that I would only work on it when I really had time to concentrate on it but I have been somewhat obsessed.
These are the small feathers at the top of the shawl. I am still waiting for my circular needles to arrive so I am using single pointed needles.
Things that have helped me so far:
1. Stitch markers are your friend . . .
2. I have been threading dental floss lifelines through my stitches every 10 rows. I have used them. Unfortunately I have done a bit of frogging and tinking.
3. I have been using a row counter.
4. I have also placed a post-it not under the charted row I am working on. This has also helped me keep track of where I am.
5. I found that frogging can be minimized by counting my stitches at the end of every odd numbered row.
Now I'm off to start chart 2.