Friday, July 28, 2006

To Blog or To Knit?

I've been decreasing my time on the computer in favor of spending time knitting lately. I'm pretty sure that I am spread out in too many directions. When my son was born (only 18 months ago) I brought my socks in progress to the hospital because that was the only project I was working on. How times have changed.



I was working along on my Shetland Lace Stole (self designed) in Lacy Lamb. Eventually my interests went in other directions. This is where I left off.








My main project now has been Alice Starmore's Donegal in Knit Picks palette. I can never decide if I like these colors or not. None-the-less, next time I am opting for Jamieson & Smith. I am now working on the neck steek.








I have also been working on some black cotton socks . . .








And an entrelac scarf in Noro just because I wanted to try entrelac.

And now for some finished objects:








I also finished some plain mittens for charity. A school meals program in Grand Rapids is soliciting mittens for children in its program.








And last, a tee from White Lies Designs made from Dale of Norway's Svale. It fits quite nicely. I shall have to take a picture of myself wearing it sometime.

I hope that you all are having a productive summer. Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely projects, but as you might suspect, I am especially fond of the lace. You have to finish that and block it so we can see it in all its beauty. I really need to update my blog, but it takes away from my knitting time, so it is languishing.
Dorothy (Missouri Star)
dswaite@mac.com

Rebecca said...

I just received my last skein for my Donegal so I will be starting soon. I went with Rowan's Yorkshire Tweed and Scottish Tweed (Harris) - someone helped with the color substitutes. They look very muted and not like the book so I am wondering how they will turn out. I'll keep an eye on yours. Do you like the Knit Picks yarn other than your color choice?

vanessa said...

i hope you keep going on the lace, it's lovely! thanks for stopping by my blog and all the kind words :-)