I have pretty much abandonned my winter projects for summer knitting. I found this old pattern for a bedspread square and thought about actually knitting a summer bedspread. I made up a square out of DMC Senso to try it out. This is what I discovered: each square is 11" x 11" blocked and I needed about one entire ball per block (150 yards). As a result, I figure that I would need about 70 balls to make a bedspread. At $2.50 per ball that would put the cost around $200. Quite cost prohibitive. Sigh. Now to plan B, whatever that may be. (No pun intended.)
My other summer project is the Shetland Lace Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. I am up to row 35 on the first border. I feel like I am actually getting the hang of it and have been able to memorize each pattern row. My version is not as flowing as the one in the book because I am using thicker yarn. I think it may make a fairly wearable shawl though. I am often afraid to wear my Peacock Feathers shawl because it seems to fragile although it has held up so far.