Thursday, April 13, 2006

Photo Shoot

I have been pondering the Soleil fiasco. The v-neck is too low and the strip up the shoulders is too wide. In addition, I would probably add a row of garter stitch at the edge to discourage rolling. I had thought of frogging it to the bottom of the v-neck and redoing it but quite honestly the bottom of the lace is curling also. I'm not sure that the yarn is a good blocker. I am thinking I will probably frog the whole thing and make up my own pattern. So discouraging. Sigh.

My WIP's lined up this morning for a photo shoot in the nice spring sun. I think I am spreading myself too thin.



First is the River Rapids sock in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock. I LOVE this yarn. Generally I cannot wear primarily wool yarn because it feels like someone is pricking me with pins but this yarn is so soft. I love the way these socks are turning out and I have cast-on for the second sock to avoid second sock syndrome.



Next is Fulmar. I am slowly chugging along on it. I know that I am not going to finish it before next winter so I am somewhat unmotivated. I have been mostly knitting on it when I go to the LYS.



Another Alice Starmore design on the line-up is Donegal. I substituted Knitpicks palette in this sweater. I am not sure how I like the colors and have been contemplating frogging it. I figured that I would keep plugging along though and see if it grows on me.








Next we have the Shetland Lace Shawl from Gathering of Lace. I have finished the first edging and am now working on the first border. I anticipate the border to be the hardest part because the pattern is fairly long and hard to remember. This will be my main summer knitting so I imagine I will work on it more now.






Finally last weekend I took a field trip to ThreadBear in Lansing. What a great yarn store. I was so overwhelmed otherwise I would have probably bought more. I came out with 2 skeins of Misti Alpaca for gloves and 3 skeins of bamboo yarn. I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet.

In parting, here is a first flowers of the season shot. Spring is here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in LOVE, seriously LOVE with your Donagal from the Knitpicks pallette. Oh boy. That looks great - so fresh and new with the brighter, clearer colors. I bought a palette and have knit a bit from it....oh my...you may just have caused me to break my yarn diet!!!! Oh my.....I need to review my AS books and see if I have a pattern in there that I could use like this. Can't recall which book Donegal is in..but I have several, includ the Fair Isle book.

Thanks!
Carol