Saturday, September 24, 2005

Recycling and Kool Aid


So I have finished my green aran knit sweater. I need to have my husband take a picture of me in it, so pictures are still to come.

My latest project is recycling a sweater. I took a trip to the Goodwill Store and found a nice white wool sweater that had good seams for unraveling (i.e. not cut knit fabric that has been sewn together). I have started unraveling the sweater for the yarn. It is a 100% feltable wool. I had thought of felting something with it but being that it is white I do not think it will work well. Since I have been meaning to try dying with Kool Aid, I figured that this might be a good opportunity. I can try two experiments at a time. I have already managed to unravel most of the yarn and have 5 ounces of yarn soaking in Berry Blue Kool Aid in my microwave. I am planning to make winter-wear for my children with the yarn (i.e. hats, mitten, scarves, etc.) I will keep you posted about how it turns out.

On another topic, I have picked my Peacock Feathers shawl back up and am almost done with chart 4. I keep looking ahead to chart 7, it is so long it seems a bit intimidating.

1 comment:

Floor Heating Rochester said...

Thanks for a greatt read