Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Tale of Six Mittens


I have been knitting a bit of this and that lately. It seems too overwhelming to document everything, so I will focus on mittens for today. It has been getting quite chilly in Michigan so warm winter clothes have been inspiring.

First up are my son's mittens. I used my leftover Palette from Knitpicks and the book Fair Isle Mittens and Gloves to knit these up. The only thing I was missing was yellow yarn so I dyed the light grey yarn with lemon-aide Kool-Aid and voila we have yellow. My only misgiving is that it is probably silly to make such intricate mittens for a child who will probably loose them by Christmas.





Next on the menu is my daughter's pink fuzzy mittens. These are better suited for losing. I think they awful. I carried eyelash yarn with your basic acrylic. My daughter, of course, loves them.








Finally, my mittens. They are self-designed, tufted mittens using Naturespun worsted weight yarn. They are nice and cozy because of the roving tucked inside. I used a braided stitch on both sides of the cuff for the first time. I kind of like the effect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those mittens look really great. I really liked the red/orange one. Beautiful pattern, and the blue/white is also very nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mittens! You're right...it's been tooo cold here, except for those two days this past week when it was in the 60's. And it's only going to get colder...

Anonymous said...

Very nice work!